Last Updated on October 11, 2021
Oven roasted cauliflower is one our favorites! At least every other week, we buy a head (or two) of cauliflower and roast it and keep it in the fridge for many purposes. The basic way is to roast with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Sometimes we want different flavors to satisfy our cravings! While we can’t really make authentic Indian food (it’s really challenging to acquire the knowledge of blending the spices), we can use some of our pantry staples to dress the cauliflower! It’s an Indian inspired oven roasted cauliflower dish with turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cardamon.
It’s not overwhelmingly aromatic, it has just enough amount of spices for you to taste the exotic spices. The chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice make the dish taste very vibrant!
We aren’t sure about how cauliflower is priced in your grocery store but we’ve noticed something at our go-to local grocery store—The price of a head of cauliflower is all the same regardless of the weight. That makes no sense…so we always look for the freshest and the biggest ones in the pile. We get more for the money.
So the recipe is made with a large head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds.) Depending on the size of a cauliflower, you may want to adjust the amount of spices and seasonings accordingly.
Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower
Dry Spice Mix
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 head (about 2 pounds) cauliflower cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- A handful of cilantro chopped
- Lemon wedge
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Prepare the dry spice mix. In a small prep bowl, combine turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, cardamom powder, and garlic powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower florets, extra virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper, and the dry spice mix. Toss cauliflower florets until they are well coated with the seasonings.
- Spread the cauliflower florets onto a sheet pan in a single layer. Bake them in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cauliflower heads are available in various weights. Depending on the size of a cauliflower, you may want to adjust the amount of spices and seasonings accordingly.