Last Updated on February 14, 2021
This is a quick summer pasta…or actually any seasons pasta! While pasta with pesto is great, sometimes doing extra steps for cooking can be very daunting and time consuming. This dish doesn’t need to be made with walnuts or parsley if that’s not in your flavor category. You can simply use a different nut or herb, it will work just as well.
This pasta can be served either warm or at room temperature. Eat it for lunch, dinner, or a quick snack. It’s very versatile especially when your short on time but need to eat something simple but flavorful.
We truly hope you enjoy!
Spaghetti with Lemon, Parsley, and Walnuts
- 2/3 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- Black pepper
- Lemon slices/wedges (optional)
- Start boiling water in a large pot to prepare for cooking spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, place walnuts in a frying pan. Cook (toast) over medium high heat for 5-7
minutes until aromatic. Toss occasionally. Remove from the heat and let it cool down for a few minutes then chop them finely. Set aside.
- Start cooking spaghetti in salted water for 8-10 minutes. Save the pasta cooking water (1/2 cup.)
- Drain the spaghetti then transfer back into the same pot.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil and pasta cooking water (small amount at a time). Give a quick toss. Add more pasta cooking water if it’s dry. Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for the finishing touch. Squeeze more lemon juice to taste (optional.)